- Built on Cape Dombey,this shipping marker was used to navigate the enterance to Guichen Bay. Built around 1855, the alternating white and red bands helped guide mariners to shore & with a height of approx 12 metres can be seen about 20 ks out to sea.
The Old Gaol
- held prisoners from 1860 to 1881. To help contain the potential escapees, the outer walls were reinforced with steel boiler plates from the shipwrecked Admella. A crumbling ruin until 1995, the goal's walls have been partially restored and are great to explore
- the beautiful freshwater ski lake upon which Lakeside Tourist Park is situated. The lake was used for washing the wool to prepare the hides for tanning. A lovely backdrop for the caravan park.
- to commemorate the landing of over 17,500 Chinese who walked 400kms from Robe SA to the Victorian Goldfields to avoid paying the tax.
- built in 1863 and restored in 1971 by the National Trust contains a wonderful working museum which is open Tuesdays and Saturdays.
Robe Long Beach
- is 17 kms long and one of the few beaches in Australia that can be driven on in the summer months when the sand is very firm. A sight to behold in January with hundreds of cars parked up the beach.
Beacon Hill Lookout
- Originally an old navigational point, Beacon Hill Lookout Tower overlooks Robe. The tower offers stunning views across the town to the ocean and bay and was built as part of Robe 150 Jubilee year celebrations. Access to the base of the tower is by a timber boardwalk, approximately 28 metres long and with an overall rise of over three metres.
Activities & Attractions
Fishing - Boat, surf, rock or wharf
Indulge in local lobster (crayfish) from October to end May
Tiger Moth joy flights
Learn to surf with GT or windsurf with Ant
Ride a bike from Lakeside's bike hire
Golf - Robe public golf course - open 365 days a year
Surfing, Windsurfing & Skateboarding (skate park O'Halloran St)
4WDriving / self guided Heritage tour
Water Skiing, Sailing, Kayaking & Windsurfing
Lawn Bowls, Bridge
Beacon Hill Lookout
Chinese Monument and Customs House
Old Gaol & Obelisk
Little Dip Conservation Park (try some Bird watching)